Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Artist Spotlight- Amee Calloway

I was browsing Instagram the other day and came across 
Amee Calloway's artwork. I immediately fell in love with it!!
It's soft, feminine and vibrant. 



Amee currently lives in Dallas Texas with her husband and three boys. 

"Painting has always been a part of my life but in various ways.  About a year ago I was in desperate need of some art pieces for my own home.  I really did not want to pay thousands of dollars for something that I may not love in a few years.  So I tried my hand at abstract painting.  I sold the first piece I did for my house and just kept it going.  Now I am selling my art in a local design boutique and most recently in a new art gallery!  I am loving every second!!!"

Her Work
I love her use of gold!!





Q & A With Amee Calloway

Q. Where can people buy your artwork?
A. My art is sold at BelAir Home here in Dallas and also at Bee Street Studio.  I plan on having a website up and running very soon so I can reach more art lovers!

Q. What is the price range?
A. All of my pieces are originals and range in price from around $200 to $1800 for a larger 4x5 canvas.  I also do commissioned work for a slight up charge.

Q. Did you study art? If so where did you study?
A.I took several art classes throughout my education but certainly consider myself to be a self taught artist.  I might have some certain color in mind that I want to experiment with and I just kinda go for it.  Getting my brush on the canvas and then adding and taking away colors until the overall piece feels balanced.  I really do love to add texture with metallic materials and/or modeling paste.  I absolutely love to try new techniques and various mediums. 

Q. Where do you get your inspiration from?
A. I have an obsession with design and fashion so I find lots of inspiration in that world.  Fabrics, flower arrangements even marbles and natural stones inspire me with color and depth.  I often look at current trends like my most recent addiction - GOLD!

Q. Is painting what you do for a living or do you have another occupation?
A. I am a full time mom but as my boys have grown I have been able to devote more and more time to painting.  Now that all three are in school I paint everyday and have an extra bedroom in our house as my studio.  Only a mom of boys could appreciate the fact that I start most of my canvases on an old ping pong table!  Yikes!

Q. Any upcoming projects?
A. I currently have several pieces being shown at Bee Street Studio and hope to start a new "mini me" collection for the holidays (Art in a smaller version).  I am also participating in the Dwell with Dignity Thrift Studio in October. 

Q. Where do you display your artwork?
A. Art is displayed at the stores mentioned above but I also have pieces at my home studio that clients can come by and view.

Q. When will your website be up and running?
A. Website should be up and running by the first of November.  In the mean time people can see art on my Facebook page, Pinterest and Instagram. 







How I Would Incorporate Her Art Into A Space
Of course upon seeing her artwork I had to start playing with it! 

Right when I saw this painting I thought it would be perfect for a Dining Room, the rich royal blue mixed with moody greys and dressed up with gold is romantic and classy.
Amee Calloway Art
Dining Room
1.Lamps Plus 2.Amee Calloway Art 3.ABC Home 4.Design Public 5.Inmod 6.Masins Furniture 


The vibrant colours in this next painting made me think of a somewhat casual, somewhat dressy Living Room. A couple pops of colour with pillows and an ottoman paired with soft gold and wooden furniture pieces create a playful yet refined space.


Living Room
1.ABC Home 2.Amee Calloway Art 3.Secto Design 4.Safavieh 5.ABC Home 6.Johnathan Adler

I will let all of you know when her website is up and running. For now, if you want to purchase her artwork check out her
 Etsy Page. Also check her out on Facebook!

Xoxo- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment