Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Ab Workout

Monday, Funday! Back to work after the weekend for many of you. For me, it's "Thursday". Having said that, Monday always feels like Monday regardless. 

Without fail, if I workout on a Monday it sets the pace for the rest of my week and I workout more during the week then I would if I didn't workout on Monday. I always have to push myself to but I'm so happy I did when its over. 

Here's an ab Circuit I put together from various websites to complete after your cardio.

Circuit:

1. Swiss Ball Jackknife


Start in pushup position, but with your shins on a Swiss ball. Your body should form a straight line from ankles to head [A]. Without rounding your lower back, contract your abs and use your feet to pull the ball toward your chest by bending your knees [B]. Pause, and return to the starting position. Do 12-15 reps.


2. Elevated Feet Side Plank


Lie on your left side with your legs straight. Place your feet on a bench, and prop your upper body on your left elbow and forearm. Raise your hips so your body forms a straight line from ankles to shoulders. Brace your core by contracting your abs. Hold this position for 30 to 60 seconds. Then turn around so you're lying on your right side and repeat.


www.menshealth.com


3. High Knees


60 seconds

4. Weighted Russian Twist

Holding a weight plate (or dumbbell), sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet flexed. Keep your back straight and hips facing forward as you twist your torso to the right and touch the weight to the floor next to you. Rotate back to center and press the weight overhead, then lower it and rotate to the left. Reverse the movement to return to start. That's one rep. 20 reps total


5. Jump Rope

60 Seconds
(You all know what jumping rope looks like but all the other moves had a picture so I thought I would give this one too :p

6.. Changement Rocks




Lower the legs to approximately two inches off the floor. Keep the shoulders off the ground and place the fingertips under your tailbone in a triangle for support. Your body should be in the shape of a boat or banana. Begin to rock gently back and forth (like a boat on water) lifting the upper body, then the lower.
As you rock, squeeze the quad muscles tightly and begin to change the right over left. Right leg (with a rocking motion of the whole body), left leg (with rocking) and back to right equals one rep. In other words, count every other one. Count to 30


Complete this circuit 3 times!

Have a great Monday workout everyone!!!

Xoxo- Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment