Sunday, March 10, 2013

Be Nice, Vero Moda


Hello Hello!



I want to start off by saying that I am not perfect. I can be a big time cranky pants every now and again so this is directed towards me as well as food for thought for anyone reading this. I am currently reading "In My Own Words- An Introduction to my teachings and philosophy" by his holiness The Dalai Lama. 


I am really enjoying it so far but the more I am reading about how to live a positive life the more glaring all the negativity around me is becoming. 
Everyone is always saying: 

 "Be positive"

"Like attracts like, it's the law of attraction the more positive you are the more positive your life becomes." 

This is all wonderful, I agree 100%, but one thing I have to add is simply this:

Be Nice. That's all. Be nice to people. Smile, say good morning, ask them how they are doing. Say nice things to their face and nice things or nothing at all behind their back. Make a point of only ever being nice to others.

Here's a piece from the book that I think is perfect:

"This is how you can always be alert and guard against disturbing emotions and getting involved in meaningless activity. if you want to go somewhere or you want to say something, first determine whether it is proper or not. When attachment is about to arise within you or you feel like getting angry with someone, do not do anything. Do not speak, do not think- remain like a piece of wood."

"If you find yourself inclined to break into meaningless laughter, you want to brag about something, you want to discuss the faults of others, you want to deceive others, you want to say something improper or make sarcastic remarks, or you want to praise yourself or criticize or scold others, all that time remain like a piece of wood. If you want to obtain possessions  respect, fame and renown; or you want to gather a coterie of followers around you, remain like a piece of wood. If you find that you are inclined to neglect the purposes of others but aspire to fulfill your own- and, what is more, you want to talk about it- remain like a piece of wood. When you are inclined to become impatient, lazy or despondent; or you want to make presumptuous remarks; or you are inclined to become self-satisfied, remain like a piece of wood."

Having said all that, I have some really amazing people in my life. These people are positive, nice, selfless, beautiful. I feel very lucky. <3 <3 <3



OK, now back to the fun stuff! I was just recently introduced to the clothing line Vero Moda by a friend from work, you may already know of it, they sell it at The Bay.. Anyways, I want to share with you some of the things I love from their website!!
                                                           www.veromoda.com




























































Have a great day!!!!

xoxo- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment