Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thailand

A friend of mine gave me her Lonely Planet Thailand book recently and I have been researching where to go and what to do in November when I travel there.

As of right now I think I am going to start off my trip with a few days in Bangkok, explore Khaosan Road, a popular backpackers hangout.





                                           Then move South to Krabi.


The southern Thailand town of Krabi serves as base camp for exploring the province of the same name, a lush region of jungles, limestone cliffs and idyllic isles floating just offshore in the Andaman Sea. Buddhist shrines still used by local monks are tucked into the chambers of the town's top attraction, Tiger Cave. The riverside pier links travelers with ferries and longboats to the best scuba diving, rock climbing and white sand beaches on the coast.
-tripadvisor.com



           From there to Umphang to trek to Thi Lo Su Waterfall, the largest waterfall in Thailand. Its height is approx. 200 meters and width is approx. 400 meters.






   I will then make my way to Chiang Mai for  Loi Krathong in mid November.




Chiang Mai is another prime site to celebrate Loy Krathong. The festival is known in northern dialect as 'Yi Peng.' The largest kratongs are decorated floats, paraded through the town on trucks. The colorfully lit floats form a long glittering parade as they make their way to the river.
Meanwhile, up above thousands of 'khom loy' (floating lanterns) drift into the night sky. These large balloon-like lanterns are released at temples and sometimes from private homes in the hope that misfortune flies away with them.
                      - thailand.com



Then make my way further North to Pai.


 Well-known among backpackers for its relaxed atmosphere, the town is full of cheap guesthouses, souvenir shops and restaurants. In the proximity of the town are spas and elephant camps. Further outside of town, there are several waterfalls and a number of natural hot springs varying in temperature from 80 to 200 degrees Celsius.
-wikipedia


These are all just thoughts, I don't want to over plan either. All I know is I want to explore, trek, swim, meditate and relax. The only place that is set in stone is Chiang Mai for the festival.

Because I will be backpacking I need to pack light! Only the essentials, such as:
 (via revolveclothing.com)


                                                        1. Swimsuit

Acacia Swimwear




2. Shorts

Blank NYC




3. An easy jersy dress

Marc by Marc Jacobs
                                                     


                                                   4. Comfy Jeans

Citizens of Humanity



5. A couple of tank tops



James Perse



6. Sweatshirt

Rebel Yell


Ahhh I'm too excited and it's still so far away! Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!!!

xoxo- Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment