Tuesday, June 9, 2015

An Irish Send Off

My final day in Dublin Ireland was relaxing and heart warming. We didn't get in from Ibiza until 2am so I slept at Anna's house. (James had been staying at his dads house and I was sharing Kates bed.) I slept about a million hours which felt great!!
Alfie
Alfie is Kate and James dog. He is a total sweetheart and little cuddle muffin. When I first arrived in Dublin he greeted me crying he was so happy to see me. Kate said he was acting as if he missed me even though he had never met me. It's amazing to me how animals can sense a relationship between people and if they know their owners like you, they immediately like you.
 Ibiza Send off Dinner
Kate and Anna's mom made a traditional roast dinner with mushy peas, roasties, mashed potatoes and gravy. It was delicious!!


 Pepper
My little best friend!! Pepper is Kate and Anna's moms dog and she is the most adorable, affectionate dog!! Her and Alfie are good friends but they also compete for attention, especially Pepper. One morning Kate had got up before me to go teach a yoga class and when she opened the bedroom door Alfie came in and spooned right into me. Pepper was behind him though and had to get closer to me then Alfie was so she lay down on my head!!
Ireland Send off Dinner
Kate and Anna's aunt Carol made an amazing lamb feast for Sunday dinner before I left for home, Vancouver Canada. Lamb, veggies, mushy peas and roasties. What a treat!! She is an amazing cook. (Pepper was also present for this dinner, I had to say goodbye.)

The morning I was flying home, James woke up at 5am to make me a proper breakfast (sausage, bacon, egg, tomato, toast) and the taxi driver dropping me off at the airport gave me a bar of chocolate!! Canadians have nothing on the Irish when it comes to making people feel welcome!!
Well that's it for my trip to Dublin Ireland to visit my friend Kate and James and meet Anna and the rest of the family. What a warm group of people. I really do want to move to Dublin. Everyone is so friendly and easy going and its quick and cheap to travel almost anywhere in Europe!! Who knows...
Xoxo- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment