Friday, June 5, 2015

The Pool and Old Town Ibiza

Here are some more of my adventures in Ibiza. Again, we stayed away from the madness of San Antonio and I don't regret it for a second.
The Pool
Sometimes its nice to get away from the sand. We came across this Restaurant/Pool Jacaranda Bar in Es Cana after visiting the Punta Arabi Hippy Market featured on a Previous Post. They have a dj playing all day (who is actually good) and the frozen lemonade was sweet yet tart making it my drink of choice!!


The DJ booth

I thought the umbrellas were adorable.


I had to check out the beach near the pool...






Old Town Ibiza
We drove into Ibiza Town one night, ate at a gorgeous restaurant and wandered the shops. It wasn't until we walked up to the Old Town where I had my moment. The dramatic main entrance is up a slope, across a drawbridge, through the Portal de Ses Taules, through an ancient cobbled stone courtyard into the Plaza de Vila. I felt like I had been transported to another world, as if I were in a disney movie version of what Spain was. It didn't feel real to me. The cobbled stone walkways, the unique shops of talented local artists showcasing their work, a watch store full of antique clocks and pocket watches, romantic restaurants lit by candle light, balconies with lines of clothing hanging to dry. I almost cried. I couldn't believe a place so romantic existed.  













Just wow!!
Xoxo- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment