Monday, December 14, 2015

My Relaxing All-Inclusive Trip to Punta De Mita Mexico

I'm baaaaack!!
I arrived home in Vancouver this morning, around 12:30am. Andy and I spent the last six days relaxing the days away in Punta De Mita Mexico at the beautiful Royal Suites Punta de Mita in the "adults only" section. I had such a relaxing and amazing time laying poolside, reading books, getting massages and facials, sipping fruity drinks and dining on chips and salsa.
The last few trips I have been on have been filled with activities, weather it be when I went to Ireland and Ibiza, Spain or on a road trip from Disneyland to San Fransisco or backpacking in Thailand. I have been to all inclusives before but wasn't sure if it would still be something I enjoyed. Boy was I wrong!! Doing nothing feels great!!
The Royal Suites, Punta De Mita
Below is the pool area, where we spent the majority of the week.






A small beach area, we didn't hang out here but I thought it was pretty.









Me in Heaven (the pool)
Sayulita, Nayarit, Mexico
We rented a car one day for $90 usd for the day and drove to Sayulita. Andy's brother had highly recommended it so we thought we should check it out. It is known for its amazing surfing (which we didn't do). I did however get out into the waves for a dip. The water was beautiful but the waves beat the crap out of me. 
You could get a one hour massage on the beach for $30 usd!! Normally I would be all over that (I LOVE massages) but the beach was way too busy with people constantly coming up to you trying to sell you something. After having spent the last few days laying by the beach with the only interruption being to ask if I would like a drink this didn't sit well with me. We didn't spend much time here. 


 
The town was really busy again but we had the most AMAZING tacos!! Sadly I forgot to take a photo but I promise you, AMAZING!! I had one shrimp, one coconut shrimp and one fish. Andy ordered three similar ones and got two completely different ones but loved them anyway. We wanted to beg the wonderful women who made them for us to come home with us. 

San Pancho, Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
On the plane ride to Puerto Vallarta, we sat next to a man who lived in the area. I mentioned we were going to Sayulita and he strongly advised us to go to San Pancho. I am so glad we listened to him!! This was by far my favourite spot!! The beach was so calm and beautiful and we were completely left alone. The town was a sleepy hippy town, I would have liked to spend a night there.




One Selfie
Here is the one selfie of Andy and I ready for dinner and waiting to be let in. Sooo relaxed!!

The positives on this trip outweighed the negatives greatly. I will say the food at The Royal Suites wasn't great but if you go to this resort and don't have kids I highly recommend to do the adults only option. You had your own pool, your own restaurant and access to the spas hot tub and sauna. The nightly entertainment could be heard in our hotel room until 11:30pm every night which wasn't ideal, I threw up the morning after our trip to Sayulita and San Pancho (I refuse to believe it was the tacos) and one day it poured rain and flooded the hotel. 
The highlights of my stay were the 80 minute relaxation massage, 50 minute aromatherapy massage and 30 minute facial, the pool, San Pancho, the gym at the resort (they played Evenescence, remember them?) and the king size bed. 
Well, back home to the kitties and back to real life. Thanks for reading!!

Xoxo- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment