Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Another Outdoor Workout

Hello everyone!! Last night after work it was BEAUTIFUL out so I decided to take my workout outside again. This is what I did.

Warm-up: 10 minute run.

Stairs- 10 sets:
Set 1- run up each stair 
Set 2- skip a stair
Set 3- run up sideways facing left
Set 4- run up sideways facing right
Set 5- skip 2 stairs

Repeat!

Circuit: 

1. Bench Push Up 

I did 12 regular push ups 
12 tricep push ups (make a diamond with your hands on the bench and keep your elbows in so your working your triceps
12 regular
(12 per set)

2. I don't know the exercise name for this but a friend at work told me to do it (he does a lot of cross fit)
You get on all fours, hands and feet (not knees) with your butt up in the air and your legs strait you walk across the field like that (left leg with right arm) 
I did about 20 steps

3. Bicycle Crunch (20)

4. Burpees across the width of the field

My goal was to do 10 but I did about 6 per set, try for 10 though.

Do this circuit 3 times. Then I ended with one set of the following. (Your more then welcome to do 3 sets though and include it in the circuit:

5. Plank (60 seconds)
6. Reverse Plank (60 seconds)

You can also do it on your hands rather then your elbows. I found elbows a bit more challenging


7. Plank on swing

I was on my elbows rather then my hands and did 3- 20 second sets.
It was hard!!

I hope you try it out! Let me know how it goes if you do!! I'd love more comments.

Have a great week everyone!

Xoxo- Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment