Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!



Happy New Year everyone!!!

Wow, 2013 was a year of growth for me. I went backpacking to Thailand on my own, started this blog and cut alcohol out of my life (which changed my social life quite drastically). 


1. Thailand

This was by far the highlight of 2013 for me. I was so nervous travelling on my own but it was a lot easier then I had expected. I met some amazing people from all over the world, saw some of the most beautiful scenery, ate amazing food, experienced a loving and welcoming culture and learned how to put myself out there. It was quite the experience walking up to strangers and asking them to hang out with me. When you first meet me I am actually quite shy so this was very new to me. I was amazed by how welcoming the backpacking community was. There will definitely be more travel in my future!


2. My Blog!


This has been a ton of fun! I started off quite strong trying to do a blog post daily, as some of my favourite blogs do, and ended the year posting a lot less. I still enjoy my blog but it can be difficult keeping on top of it and coming up with new things to post about. 
I have been debating whether or not to keep it going in 2014 and have decided I will but will only post when I feel inspired. 


3. Cutting out Alcohol


This has been SO good for me! I didn't drink everyday or every week or even every month but when I did drink it made me extremely sick, eat too much and not entirely happy. I decided I didn't need it anymore and I was right! 

It has had a bit of an impact on my social life considering how big a presence alcohol has in society but I have managed. I prefer getting up in the morning without a hangover and having every day to do as I please rather then spending an entire weekend recovering from a couple hours of drinking. I have more time then I ever had before to do what I want. 



My New Years Resolutions for 2014:

I am not a huge fan of resolutions, I feel like everyday is a new day and you can start making changes in your life at any time of the year. Having said that, it is also good to reflect on the year past and be honest with yourself on improvements you could make in order to be a better person. 

Resolution 1. Practise Patience

I feel I have come a long way in the past couple of years in regards to having patience yet I know I still have quite a ways to go. My promise to myself is to breath and be mindful of my reactions while dealing with difficult people and stressful situations. 

Resolution 2. Being less wasteful

I love food but find I can over buy in terms of vegetables, fruit and dairy resulting in a lot of spoiled food. This year I promise to only buy what I need and finish all the food I have before buying more.


Well, thats all for now. I wish all of you the best in 2014! 

Xoxo- Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you! I think I will try being more of a planner this year. I'm mostly a person that just wings it by nature, but I always run out of time doing that. SO...planning? I may try to incorporate that into 2014.

    ReplyDelete