Monday, August 11, 2014

My Whistler Weekend

Happy Monday everyone!!
I had the weekend off and Andy and I went to Whistler. I want to share with you what we did and what we ate!!

Breakfast
We started our trip off right with an amazing Brunch at Araxi
We both had the Duck Confit Hash
Slow cooked with fingerling potatoes, lemon and parsley, arugula and two baked eggs.




Hiking Blackcomb
This was by far the highlight of my trip!! Hiking is my absolute favourite thing to do!!
We took the gondola up to Whistler Mountain then took the Peak 2 Peak to Blackcomb and started our hike. We started on the 
Alpine Walk, continued on the Lakeside Loop and took a detour on the way back on the Marmot Trail.









5 Course Dinner
For dinner, we really decided to treat ourselves with a 5 course dinner at Bearfoot Bistro!!


http://bearfootbistro.com/

It was pretty unbelievable!! 
But first, here's what I wore...


































Where I got all the items of my outfit is listed in my previous blog post: Whistler Weekend Packing Guide

Now, here's what I ate, all of which I would highly recommend!!

First Course
heirloom tomatoes
farmhouse feta, seared cucumber, tapenade, onion grissini



 Second Course
atlantic lobster gratingreen pea salad, fennel pollen, citrus


 Third Course
fraser valley pork tenderloin
smoked tomato, sawmill bay clams, orecchiette
rapini, artichoke


Fourth Course (not shown)
daily composed cheese
chef’s creation inspired by cheese
made from 100% canadian milk

Fifth Course
frozen darjeeling tea, milk chocolate, 
apricot parfait
vanilla caramel, crispy pearls, tea bubbles 



Whistler Shopping
What I wore strolling Whistler

Items of clothing listed here: Whistler Weekend Packing Guide

The Village

Now back to shopping!!
The Beach, to me, best represents laid back Whistler fashion.
We had a little wander through...














Hanging out Poolside
Our hotel had a pool, of course...
Gettin' Massages
We had an amazing brunch and relaxation massages at the

What an amazing weekend!
Heres to a great week!!

Xoxo- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment