Monday, March 18, 2013

Movies, Blogs

Hello again! I took a couple days off from blogging but I'm back!

 I watched a really good movie the other day I want you all to see! 
It's called Smashed.

I mentioned wanting to see it on one of my earlier blog posts and I finally did!

It stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead, has Aaron Paul, Octavia Spencer, Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman.

A married couple whose bond is built on a mutual love of alcohol gets their relationship put to the test when the wife decides to get sober. - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2063781/

Watch the trailer here!! http://sonyclassics.com/smashed/

Definitely check it out if you want a good cry. Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Aaron Paul were amazing in it!
  I recently decided I didn't want to drink anymore (just over three months ago to be exact) and the one thing I could relate to from this movie is Kates (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) feeling of loneliness. I have noticed now that I don't drink just how many people do. I've also noticed how offended some people get that I don't drink. Sometimes I feel like it is more socially acceptable to be an alcoholic then to be sober. It's so much a part of our culture to drink that when you don't drink people automatically think something is wrong with you and if you have drank in the past with people and you tell them you don't anymore they have a really hard time accepting it. It makes me not want to put myself in those social drinking situations. I can only say "no thank you, I'm not drinking" so many times before I want to scream. I do feel left out sometimes just as Kate did in the movie. At the end of the day though, coming home after a night out, knowing that I wont be so sick I cant move the next day feels so much better then having given in and drank against my will, so not to offend anyone who is drinking.

  Anyways, the movie broke my heart. It was beautiful. I love a heart felt indie! <3 <3

Now for some exciting news (for me anyway). I received my first ever blog comment from someone I don't know!! Her name is Kay. She also has a blog which I checked out and think you should check out too!                                  
                                             http://seekvintage.blogspot.ca/

She has a store as well!! Here are some things I fell in love with!


High waisted polka dot scallop shorts $38.90



Floral Crop top $26.90 **love the boots too!***


Lace cutout oxfords $58.99 I really want these!!! 

Thanks for commenting on my blog Kay!! 

Have a happy Monday everyone!!!

xoxo- Michelle















No comments:

Post a Comment