Thursday, May 21, 2015

My First Days in Ireland

I'm here!! I finally made it to Ireland!! I flew in Wednesday morning extremely jet lagged. I wish I was one of those people who could pass out on the airplane no problem but I'm not. My first day consisted of sleeping mostly. I'm staying with my friend Kate in her and her fiance James adorable home in Dublin. I am in love with it. I took a bunch of shots to share with you. Its so cozy. My photos honestly don't do it justice. It was her sisters birthday so we went out for dinner with her and her mom. It was great to meet them as well. Really welcoming people. Then today consisted of exploring Dublin City. I am in love with the architecture and the history in the buildings. 
Home Away From Home
I am in love with my friend Kate's home here in Dublin Ireland. The painted floors, cozy furniture, colourful tile floors and cute and quirky little pieces around the home. It has so much charm!! The back yard fence is lined with Kate's Fiance's shell collection. <3
This will be my home for the next week, sharing it with their cuddly dog Alfie. 



















Doorways
We spent a good part of the day wandering the city of Dublin taking in the beautiful architecture. I am in love with brick and it was everywhere!! We checked out Number Twenty Nine, a Georgian House museum. I wasn't aloud to take photos but you can take a visual tour on their website here. If you like home decor its definitely worth checking out.


The Dublin Castle
I love that there is a castle in the city. How cool is that?
Christ Church
Kate wanted to show me the beautiful architecture and the detail in this enormous church right in the city centre. The amount of work that had to have gone into the stain glass windows alone was phenomenal. Take a minute and admire its beauty!!













St. Stevens Green
We stopped and had lunch in St. Stevens Green. The weather here so far has been cooler then Vancouver but sunny. I fell in love with this park. 

So far so good!! I can't wait to see more and experience more of the culture. I probably won't be blogging every day for the next couple of weeks but I'll check in every couple of days.Thanks for reading!!
Xoxo- Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have fallen in love with Ireland! It's amazing - I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear more about your travels!

    ReplyDelete