Monday, May 25, 2015

Glendalough "The Valley of the Two Lakes"

I have the ultimate Tour Guide with Kate and her sister Anna here in Ireland. Today they took me about an hour drive from Dublin to Glendalough (Gleann Da Loch) a glacial valley in County Wicklow, Ireland, . I got to see my rolling hills, more old churches, a waterfall, an old cemetery and of course my favourite, some pretty houses!!
Wicklow, Ireland










St. Stevens Church
A stone vaulted and roofed church from the 12th century






Whelan's
That same night Anna let us know of an amazing Trad Band "Bonny Boys" playing in Dublin City at Whelan's Pub. (Please excuse my photo, its pretty blurry, that was them though). They played the flute, violin, banjo, guitar, uilleann pipes, bodhran drum, tin whistle and the keyboard. They were amazing!!

Were off to Ibiza next week so I won't be posting anything on my blog probably until I'm home. Maybe one more but thanks for reading and I'll have all the fun from Ibiza to blog about when I'm home.
Xoxo- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment