Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bikram Yoga Day 2, Meditation and icecream

http://womenshealthcollective.ca/yoga.htm



Today was day 2 of Bikram Yoga. It was a huge improvement from day 1. I woke up with sore legs but overall I was feeling pretty good. I had a coffee even though I said I wasn't going to but I ate a banana instead of cereal.

The room didn't feel as warm as the day before, I only had to stop 2 times during the class.. I have a LOOONNNGGG way to go but could already feel myself getting deeper into the stretches. I felt really great after the class too, no headache this time.


http://higherjourneys.blogspot.ca/


Another one of my new years resolutions was to start practicing meditation. Today I went to the Kadampa Buddhist Centre Tilopa.

http://tilopa.org/

It was an hour and a half class introducing meditation. There are a ton of different types of meditation. We started with the usual "focus on your breathing" meditation which I find extremely difficult. My mind is always racing.

Later in the class we did a different meditation. We were told to focus on gratitude and think about something or someone that your grateful for. Once we would feel gratitude we would hold on to if for as long as we could until the feeling would pass then go back to thinking about things in our lives we are grateful for. I found this type of meditation much easier and more rewarding. I felt kinda light headed after the class but calm and happy. I really want to make meditation a bigger part of my life.


"Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in eternal awareness or pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity". - Swami Sivananda

"Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom". - Buddha

 Now, some comfy, cozy, relaxing rooms to enjoy!










Lisa Kauffman Tharp- posted by midcenturyjo










Sheen & Aiesh- Posted by desiretoinspire.net







via anindiansummer-design.blogspot.ca



http://www.casacullen.com/

I know I've always going on about exercise and other healthy living decisions but please remember to eat icecream. Peanut butter and chocolate icecream is the best icecream. 




Remember, sometimes you've gotta 



xoxo- Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment