Friday, January 4, 2013

P90X, Positive Thinking and Stripes


Hello, Hello! I am attempting to post on here everyday. I worked until 9 today so this one is a little late.
Today I want to talk about P90X.

  I'm sure many of you know it, maybe seen the infomercials. I will say some of it is very hard. My favorite workout so far is the Plyometrics.

Plyometrics, or "plyos" for short, are a type of exercise designed to produce fast and powerful movements. They are generally used by athletes to improve performance in sports, especially those that involve speed, quickness and power.[1] In addition, it is possible to find plyometrics used in the fitness field, but to a much lesser degree.[2] Thus, plyometric exercises use explosive, fast-acting movements to develop muscular power and to improve overall speed. In other words, it's exercise that allows muscles to exert maximum force in the shortest amount of time possible.

 Thanks Wikipedia! Today I attempted to do the Ab Ripper. It's only 15 minutes and I failed, terribly. It's really hard. Each set is 25 crunches. Here's a description of some of the moves I found pretty hard.

1. Crunchy Frog - Start sitting with legs extended and held slightly off the floor and your arms held out to your sides. As you pull your knees into your body, move your arms into the center of your body (as if clapping)

2. V-Ups- This exercise has a 4 part rep. You start lying flat on your back with your arms raised, roll forward in a crunch motion and touch your toes (Rep 1). As you go back down, you raise your legs up and stop right as your body is making sort of a a V shape, then reach back up and touch your toes while they are raised (Rep 2), then go back to start position.

3. Oblique V-Ups- (I found these ones extremely hard) Start Lying on your right side with your right arm laying straight down toward your hips with your palm down to get leverage if needed, and your left hand behind your head. You then raise your torso (not so far it stresses your back) and raise your legs towards your head. It want be a perfect sideways motion, your face will actually go towards your legs slightly.


Anyways, I know descriptions are hard but if you youtube it I'm sure there will be millions of videos of people doing this workout. My goal now is to do this video every second day or so until I can actually get through it without stopping. Wish me luck!

I downloaded some Positive Thinking iphone apps today on the way to work. Why not right? Here's one I looked at today. (It's free).

 Positive Thinking- The key to Happiness.
 It's not bad. Passes the time when your taking public transit. It gives you motivational and inspirational quotes such as:

 "A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely"- Roald Dahl.

It also gives you advice of tips to develop a positive attitude such as:

 "Often during the day, repeat positive affirmations about what you want. Do so with faith, feelings, intention and focus."

If you have read any positive thinking books this is nothing new, its just nice to have it at your fingertips. If you want to read a good positive outlook book I strongly recommend A New Earth.

"this book's main purpose is not to add new information or beliefs to your mind or to try to convince you of anything, but to bring about a shift in consciousness; that is to say, to awaken". 
-Eckhart Tolle












And of course The Power of Now. 
Tolle wrote in The Power of Now that he hoped it would "play its part in … the transformation of human consciousness," by acting as a catalyst to those who are ready for a radical inner transformation or what Tolle calls "enlightenment". He says the book "represents the essence of my work, as far as it can be conveyed in words", and that it "can be seen as a restatement for our time of that one timeless spiritual teaching, the essence of all religions".Tolle says he is trying to "draw you into this new consciousness as you read … to give you a taste of enlightenment" and to this purpose, he warns readers not to get hung up over the words he uses. The book is cast in a question and answer format, and originated in Tolle's work with individuals and small groups over a ten-year period. Most of the questions arose while he was teaching and counselling.


I didn't put this in the right order. A New earth is a more detailed examination of the ideas introduced in The Power of Now. Anywhoo read them if you so please.

I saw some super cute items on asos.com I had to share with you, I want!! 



Too adorable, no? 






                                     
  




Apparently I'm into stripes right now. Ok I have to go to bed now. Thanks for reading.

xoxo- Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment